Thursday, October 16, 2008

Threnody

Cara Amica,

I hasten this letter to you, Blue, because no moment must be lost when a heart is breaking. I have thought of you often since the darkness of recent events. Though we cannot assist another's night, I hope that she who received immortality against her will has found some measure of peace. It was a bloody gift and one not willingly accepted.

To remember your sister-wife now is all any of us can do. I will not forget that she saved my life the night I went with Labyrinth through the fire and the void. But it is with grief now that our remembrance must be done. Perhaps she does not go so far, as we who stay behind suppose. Perhaps she will come closer to you, Blue, for the lapse of her corporeal clothes.

I can only hope that my broken words have helped you. I felt so faint in uttering them, thinking of your great pain.

With greatest sadness for your loss,
I remain,
J.M.


(Adapted from the funerary letters of Emily Dickenson.)

R.I.P., Picket McDonnell

Denenthorn stalked by the Shadows

1 comment:

Denenthorn said...

*Growls because he alone knows the truth of it all*